Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day
It would be ever so much fun to be a pirate—but on my terms and not theirs. For example, I don’t really want to go about stealing things or hurt anyone, but I’m pretty sure such behavior is required with all that swilling of rum, poking people with sharp objects, and running amok in the midst of storms at sea. Stuff like that.
Also, although I do try, my talk-like-a-pirate skills are woefully inadequate and no one ever takes me seriously. That’s probably because I end up laughing too hard.
But here’s something I am good at—I can share and today I’ll share pirating fun, crafting links, and merry adventures.
Here are a few ways to invoke your inner pirate and give back the booty:
- Marie Curie Cancer
In case you have a yearning to party like a pirate, here are a few September pirate festivals that may or may not involve your walking a plank:
- St. Louis (MO) Pirate
- The lingo
- Sublime Stitching’s pirate-themed embroidery designs
- Free knitting pattern for a Pirate Queen's Booty Bag
- Knit Like a Pirate
- Free PDF knitting pattern from Folkcat for a Felted Eye Patch
- Coloring pages for wee pirates-in-training
- TLAP Day festivities on Flickr