Friday, May 2, 2008

On the Other Side

It’s warming up here in Tucson—very soon we’ll be in the triple digits. This means swimming pool time. I dug out my collection of swimsuits (a whole other story) last night, tried them on, and promptly had a mini-heart attack. And that was just looking at the front of me in the mirror. There’s no way I’m going traumatize myself by trying to see my other side.


Edvard Munch’s The Scream, National Gallery, Oslo

Then I remembered a photo I took of the rhinos at the zoo during my Flat Avery project a couple of weeks ago. Talk about really big butts!



And my friend Donna sent an email with this photo. Don’t look if you’re squeamish!



Suddenly I’m feeling okay about wearing a swimsuit again.

Have a happy weekend and remember you are perfect just as you are right this very minute.

14 comments:

CathyJean said...

Thank you for this post!!! I haven't laughed this hard in a week or is it two weeks... Hummm, oh, well - it felt good to laugh. Thank you Junie Moon!
PS - I'm e-mailing you :)

Mom IsAmagpie said...

You are so funny! Thank you for the laugh. I hear you on the bathing suit thing, I can't wear them in public. Maybe I need to envision a rhino butt and try again. lol

Rosie's Whimsy said...

You are so funny! That made me chuckle and I almost choked on my apple! LOL Have a great weekend!

:-) Rosie

Anonymous said...

LOL loved the pictures. You are so right. Do you know how much time many people esp. women waste worrying about how they look.

Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi I stopped by via Meg. And I'm glad I did. This is a great site. I know how you feel, I'm not looking forward to trying on my swimsuit. And I have a 4 year old, so I have NO CHOICE!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi June! So funny! Those Rhinos were the best! I
t's a losing battle for me ...I exercise and walk and try to cut back on calories and then something will happen that throws me off track and the pounds come right back. I have accepted that I will never be svelte again, but I want to be healthy.

Enjoy your pool!

Hugs, Pat

kari and kijsa said...

Tee hee- thanks for the laugh!! Have a wonderful evening!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Alexia said...

HAHAHA! The duct tape, its hilarious! My hubby needs to carry some duct tape around... did I say that? Just say no to crack! Anyway, that made my day, heehee.

Gumbo Lily said...

Well now, that's a whole n'other way to look at wearing a bathing suit! You're a hoot! I tried on my swimsuit top and realized the elastic is cracking in it. I think I need a new one!

Jody

Unknown said...

Thank you for making me feel a little better about myself...lol

Thimbleanna said...

You're hysterical June! Your pics give me an idea -- how 'bout duct tape placed all over my bod when in a swimming suit -- it would be an act of kindness toward anyone who might see me!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

ROFL! Oh, that puts things right into persective doesn't it?!!

JunieMoon-you are a peach!
Smiles, Karen

Françoise said...

Great post!
Just what I needed, as the weather is getting warmer here too...
:-)

Anonymous said...

junie- you crack me up!