Wouldn’t a set of these exquisite needles be fantastic as part of a knitting gift set? I started thinking a pretty sleeve for needles would be nice to include. So I made myself a pattern which I’ll share with you.
Knitting Needles Sleeve Tutorial
Needed: Scrap fabric at least 12-inches in length and 6-inches wide
- Step 1: Using the pattern I provide here in PDF form, cut two pieces from your fabric. Adjust the pattern to fit your size needles by simply enlarging or reducing the page. I designed it to fit my size 10 needles.
- Step 2: Turn the Top edge of the first piece under ¼-inch toward the wrong side of the fabric, turn another ¼-inch, press, and stitch to make a finished edge. Repeat for the second piece.
- Step 3: Place the two fabric pieces right sides together, pin.
- Step 4: Stitch a ¼-inch seam around all three sides. Do not sew across the opening (Top edge) which is already finished and where you’ll insert your needles when done. Trim the corners of the bottom (narrowest part), being careful not to cut through the stitches.
- Step 5: Turn the sleeve inside out and press.
Slip in your beautiful knitting needles and you’re done!