Tuesday, June 2, 2009

2009 International Siggy Swap Blocks

Cootie Bug 2's package containing the finished blocks for the 2009 International Siggy Swap arrived yesterday.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

It was so much fun looking at the myriad colors and prints used in the blocks. We all used the same pattern provided by Bea of Capricorn Quilts.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Including my block which I shared in April, there are 60 signed blocks from quilters all over the world. As I examined each block, I envisioned the person at work in her own home and country creating her own unique signature. Now my work begins to put the quilt together. Essentially, however, this is a collaborative effort and I love that very idea.

4 comments:

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

What a neat thing to do. A great way to create lasting reminders of others.

Thimbleanna said...

I got mine too -- aren't they all wonderful! Do you know what you'll do with them? I'm still thinking about mine.... ;-)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi June

I rememebr when you showed your block in a post. How wonderful thsi will be when it is completed --sort of a unique blogger's quilt!
Hugs, Pat

Junie Moon said...

Thank you to everyone who left a comment on this post. Your name has been entered into my drawing.