I’m so relaxed and mellow I’m having a hard time getting kick-started into action. Today I’m working on a sewing project/tutorial I thought about on vacation. Hopefully I can finish and post about it tomorrow—although I’m not making a promise as I’m feeling totally blissed-out right now which underscores the whole point about vacations.
In the meantime, here are more photographs I took on our trip.
© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved. Dandelion Closeup
We were driving through Utah and saw humongous dandelions on the side of the road. A screeching halt ensued and I jumped out to get a photo. I’m working on improving my macro-photography skills which are nonexistent and thought this would be a good subject. No macro lens or extensions tubes were used, simply my basic camera set-up.
© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved. Field of Flowers
Exactly across the highway from the dandelions was this field of flowers with a house situated in the back. I love the serenity invoked by the whole scene and tried to capture the feeling with my camera.
Summer is my absolute favorite time of year; some of the many things I love about it include:
© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved. Watermelon
- The sweet juiciness of a freshly-picked watermelon warm from the sun.
- The sound of a lawn mower in action along with its accompanying fragrance of fresh-mown grass.
- The drone of an airplane flying overhead taking passengers to some adventure or another.
- Laughing children with their constant refrain of “Marco” … “Polo” as they splash happily about in a pool.
- Water lapping at the ocean’s edge (I so miss this sound)
- The deliciousness of honeysuckles offering up their perfume.
- The buzz of fat lazy bees tasting one flower after another.
- Reading a book on a chaise lounge or hammock outside and falling asleep.
- The warmth of the sun on my face.
- Ensconcing myself on a blanket in the grass at night to watch for shooting stars.
- The brilliance of lightning during a monsoon storm.
- The clang of halyards hitting masts on boats at the docks (another sound I miss).