Source: Arrow Bolt and Screw Co.
These are simple metal flat washers found at Home Depot. Turning them into something other than their intended purpose was my goal as inspired by a tutorial on the Poppies at Play blog and featured on Mod Podge Rocks.
© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved
I did a practice run on this project using origami paper and Mod Podge. After the paper was adhered to the washers and dry, I coated each piece with a sparkly glaze. The bracelet and necklace components were purchased at Jo-Ann’s, but I like Poppies at Play’s execution better.
I’m citing my resources for my practice project as well as others available for you to learn how to create jewelry out of washers.
- Hardware for easy jewelry at Rutland Vermont.com
- Make It: How To Turn A Washer Into A Necklace YouTube video
- Mod Podge Rocks blog
- Poppies at Play blog
- Punk Washer Jewelry at Craft Chi
- Turn Washers into Jewelry at DIY Network
- Washer Necklace at Beadage