Monday, January 25, 2010

Pie Weights Box

A plastic bag of ceramic pie weights has been living in one of my kitchen drawers. Every time I open that drawer, I think about the bag breaking and the little ceramic balls rolling all over my kitchen.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

I bought a small unfinished hinged wood box at Jo-Ann’s and fixed it up to hold the pie weights.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Now I’ve corralled my pie weights, I guess I’d better get busy making an actual pie.

My laptop is dying and has been doing so for months now. I’ve ordered a new computer, but it won’t arrive until the middle of February. It’s rather awkward only getting on my laptop for 10 minutes at a time which makes for some challenging blog posting and reading.

8 comments:

Diane said...

what an adorable box for your pie weights. I adore the polka dots. Oh and don't worry about blog visiting; I never _expect_ visits and am so appreciative when people do take time from their busy lives to stop in. Have a lovely week!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You made a very pretty storage box June! We missed
"National Pie Day" which was on the 23rd of this month..have to remember that for next year!

I feel your computer pain! I hope you new lap top computer will be trouble free, unlike my brand new HP one that arrived with a defective optical drive! While I wait fro a replacement part I have been unable to download new photos because I can't install my camera software, so I have been blogging about more of my wonderful summer "Wild West" trip!

Sarah said...

Hi June! Thanks for your email - I'm very behind and I don't have a computer problem to blame it on. Just my brain computer being disorganized...

What a great idea with the box. I have TONS of pie weights from a failed Martha Stewart hand warmer project (re: they caught on fire). A box like this would be a nice place to store them. Using them is probably a good idea, too.

Thimbleanna said...

What a cute idea June! My pie weights came in a little jar or else I'd follow your lead. Good luck with your computer -- computer problems make me crazy!

Mother Moon said...

love the box and a good idea.... never knew there was a National Pie Day... will have to remember that... another reason to eat pie... one of my favorites

FinnyKnits said...

Good luck with the new machine - that's a testy transition for sure. But it'll be SO much better in the long run. Which you already realize, I know.

And why wouldn't you have a proper box for your pie weights? You ARE Junie Moon after all. Total cuteness.

CitricSugar said...

Cute! I've been meaning to get some pie weights...

Good luck with the new computer!

dutchcomfort said...

Ceramic pie weights. That sounds interesting. I almost never bake pies, but I remember the beans my mother used.

Your box is very sweet!