Monday, May 10, 2010

Shopping Wise

This year has proved challenging in a number of ways for me—some good and some not. You go along thinking you just can’t take any more complications and then life tosses in something pleasant to ease your way. It’s all about balance, I think.

That balance comes in many forms and I’m discovering some that even impact my finances. In considering a few things on my list for the fast-approaching summer, I’ve been doing some shopping.

I fell in love with this small clutch.

Source: Lilly Pulitzer

Price: $128
Color: Pink
Where to Buy: Lilly Pulitzer

Lilly Pulitzer calls this the Golden Clutch. It’s lovely; the shape is wonderful and the wicker is perfect for summer, but I’m not in love with the hot pink color and price. I continued my search.

Source: Talbots

Price: $99
Colors: Natural/Yellow, Natural/Pink, Natural/Blue, Natural/Palm Leaf (green)
Where to Buy: Talbots

The price is better, but the color choices are not quite right for me. I decided to get off the computer and actually visit stores in the Tucson area. There’s got to be a summer clutch that works for me.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Success was found at T.J. Maxx. On the display shelves where they keep wallets, I found the wicker beauty I sought in white which works with a lot of my summer clothes.

Price: $19.95
Color: Natural/White, Golden Brown/Brown, Black/Black

My new summer clutch is made by Straw Studios. Committed to protecting the environment, their web site says their bags are made using renewable resources.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved (I've no idea as to why Blogger wants to turn some photos sideways--it's most annoying.)

The price was good and the colors fit in perfectly with my style, so a few others made their way into my shopping cart. I left T.J. Maxx feeling happy and my shopping balance was achieved.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Junie Moon, I've missed you.

I hope all is well with you.

Lovin your new clutch bags.

Jill x

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute June! I always forget to check T.J.Maxx -- thanks for the reminder!

Lena said...

What an interesting post June. It is surprising to see the differences in the prices.

I think this is a good lesson in how it can be possible to accomplish shopping for things on many budgets. Timely, for these days.

xo
Lena

rohanknitter said...

very very cute - makes me wish we had a TJ Maxx around here!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Wow! An awesome find, a darling little clutch and a shopper after my own true heart!!!

FinnyKnits said...

Total score!

Good job holding out for the perfect fit. :)