Monday, February 7, 2011

Paper Doll Bridesmaids

One of my nieces is getting married and asked me to make paper doll chains for her bridesmaids. Paper dolls are something I’ve not done since I was a little girl. A quick Google search netted me a template and out came my art pens, ruler, scissors, large sheets of watercolor paper, and my painting kit.

My big plan to photograph the paper doll chains is not working this morning as it’s dark and rainy.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved




A shade of purple was requested by my niece for the dresses. Because these are paper dolls, I did not want to get too carried away with the project so tried to keep it relatively simple. I did add a pink waistband and a small lilac-colored button sticker from Martha Stewart.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved




Julie specified each of her bridesmaid’s hair color and asked me to include their names to personalize the chain. There are six bridesmaids, so each chain has six dolls—for a grand total of 36 little bridesmaids who needed painting and embellishing.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved




Although she did not say anything about how she plans to present the paper doll chains, I figure she could probably use cards and envelopes, so I made those, too. Since her friends are represented in the chain of dolls, I created a bride version of Julie on the front of the card and modified the dress design. She can tuck each paper doll chain inside a card for presenting to the girls. Despite the gray tone seen in the photo, the card is the same ecru watercolor paper as the dolls.

4 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

They are adorable! I'm curious how your niece will use them? Everything you tackle comes out so well, June!

LaRee said...

Oh these are so cute! thats such a wonderful idea, you are very creative.

Frank Zweegers said...

Nice idea!

Kate said...

Where did you find this template? I have been searching for it and can't find it.