Monday, March 14, 2011

Pink Season

Now that the detritus of winter has been purged, we can enjoy the fresh innocence of springtime as represented by the color pink.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved






My mother-in-law and I walked around her yard this weekend admiring new growth emerging here and there. She has more than a hundred azalea plants in her backyard; each plant is covered in tiny pink buds.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

A few buds could not stand the wait and opened their beautiful petals.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

While it is not an azalea plant, I did knit another chemo cap in a color representative of the flowers. The color synchronization is just a fluke as I had not planned it. However, it does give me pause to think about the sense of new beginnings associated with springtime. I hope that whoever receives my azalea-colored cap be given the gift of recovery and a fresh start in life. It’s pink season.

1 comment:

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Beautiful flowers, and beautiful cap, too.