Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Filling in the Holes

“Needlepoint: the delicious art of filling in holes with wool.”
Carole Berman and Jennifer Lazarus

I started this needlepoint eyeglass case project whilst on a cruise and am picking it up again to hopefully finish soon. The front is almost done and then I can work on the back. I like to balance  creative activities like this between knitting projects.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved
The needlepoint canvas is from the Elizabeth Turner Collection. The canvas, stitch book, and the needed yarns were purchased from Cabbage Row Shoppe during a trip to Charleston, SC. I always visit this shop when we’re in Charleston.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

My embroidery scissors were purchased directly from Maison Sajou in Versailles, France. Along with the scissors, I got a little scissors case which included a chart for stitching my monogram.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

All of my projects are organized in a bag specific to each project which makes it easier for me to grab and take to either the living room or on a trip. This particular bag (seen in top edge of first photo) is a pouch with two zippered pockets. 

No comments: