I always enjoy reading the comments you leave on my blog. They are often funny, quite encouraging, and very helpful.
I’m enjoying music perfect for Halloween season that has more depth to it than stuff like “Monster Mash.” Jill Tracy and the Malcontent Orchestra’s Into the Land of Phantoms is a live recording of a 2001 Nosferatu film performance—the original score to F.W. Murnan’s 1922 silent vampire classic Nosferatu. I couldn’t find it locally so I ordered it from Amazon.com.
My husband’s review: “I don’t like it.”
My review: “I like it.”
You Make Me Smile Award Tag
Joni of Yummers! gave me the You Make Me Smile Award last week which came with a tag.
- Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
- The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
- At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names.
Only numbers 3 and 4 are blessings but I have to list six, so here you go:
- I am a grasshopper murderer. My husband and I stopped at one of the overlook vistas in the Santa Catalina Mountains and a pretty grasshopper was sitting on top of the stone wall. I tried to get a closer look which scared it so the grasshopper dropped down behind the wall. I leaned over and saw it landed right by this hole in the ground. Suddenly, a tarantula popped out and snagged that poor grasshopper. It was my fault.
- Great heights frighten me so I went parachuting and then up in a hot air balloon to face my fear. I’m still scared.
- A short story I wrote was scripted for a movie and filmed for the Sundance Film Festival.
- In my purse is an antique book of Keats’ poetry that I carry around.
- I worry that women with overly-large breast enhancements will fall over backwards into a big pool of water and drown because their “air bags” will pop up higher than their heads.
- I can twirl my golf club really fast like a baton—a useful skill I’m sure.
I’m choosing the following for the You Make Me Smile Award:
- Anina of Twiddletails. Blog titles are so entertaining. Just saying Twiddletails makes me laugh—try saying it three times really fast.
- Cindy of So Inspired. I’ve read her blog since the birth of my blog awareness. She’s truly inspirational.
- Jody of Gumbo Lily. Don’t you just love her blog name? It makes me want to dance.
- Kelli of Africankelli. She has a wonderful giving heart—get over to her blog and join her fan club.
- Kristie of Fresh on Fridays. I love her blog subtitle: Proud Charter Member of the Fraternal Order of Onion Rings—she’s such a hoot and writes the most thoughtful posts on Fridays.
- Rosie of Rosie’s Whimsey. Her mission is the pursuit of happiness at home and in life—just like all of us.