Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style

A a great virtual recipe party is about to begin at Overwhelmed With Joy. The second annual recipe exchange Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style starts this Friday.



Our hostess reports that last year’s party linked 81 bloggers together and resulted in more than 200 yummy recipes. That is quite a recipe haul.


Bats in My Kitchen

Much as I’d like to figure out how to conjure up a magical spell for washing dishes, I have to actually do it myself. I knitted two black cotton dishcloths with a simple bat design while watching Stephen King’s Storm of the Century on Sunday.



I hope you can see the bat design in the photo. This is pretty much the extent of my knitting skills—little cloths and some scarves using a simple cable stitch are about as far as I can go.

You can find the free knitting pattern
here. The designer used yarn in the color Grape which is pretty neat, too.

Sam the Shoplifting Seagull


My sister sent this link to me yesterday and I laughed with pure delight over Sam the Seagull’s outrageous shoplifting
behavior. At least he shares his ill-gotten booty with his friends.

11 comments:

Ali said...

I love your dishcloth!

And Mark is in love with the seagull clip. Every time we see one, he asks 'Mummy, do you think THAT one likes crisps?'

Rosie's Whimsy said...

That dishcloth is crazy fun ! Cooking and I aren't on speaking terms....but I'll check her site anyway and see if I can find some inspiration. Thanks for the link :<)

Unknown said...

I love Sam the seagull. He cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Love the dishcloth - we both had a fun dishcloth making weekend! I may have to try this one :)

Lena said...

I like your dishcloth! Just the other day I was thinking of embroidering a couple of Halloween themed dish towels. The old fashioned flour sack kind. I have some Aunt Martha patterns someplace in my craft room. I can't knit, but maybe I'll find some time for that instead.
Hope your day is lovely June.

Maize Hutton said...

Cute cute dishcloth! I love Halloween. My fondest memories are the popcorn balls my mom used to make.

I saw that seagull flick a couple of days ago. It's pretty funny!

a pink-bee said...

Once again I messed up on getting my comment posted. grrrr.. Thanks for the dish cloth link- how neat! I knit my own too.
Will check out that holiday cooking and Sam. Thanks :)
happy day Junie :)
crystalx

Lisa said...

You underestimate your abilities! If only I could knit like this! What a cute dishcloth! (Well, is cute the word for a bat?)

Yolanda said...

Thanks for the seagull video if was so fun.

Overwhelmed! said...

Thanks for the linky love, Junie!

I look forward to seeing your recipe(s) for Fridays Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange! :)

Kim Campbell said...

Too cute! Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday!