from Molland’s (see Resources below)
This Sunday marks the beginning of PBS’ Masterpiece homage to Jane Austen—The Complete Jane Austen, a series that will carry us through the beginning of April. This will be such a lovely accompaniment to my bandage knitting efforts on Sunday nights.
I’ve made a printable schedule (click to enlarge and print) for you. I printed mine on magnetic paper and posted it on my refrigerator. Check your local listings for times.
Originally a cover for Pride and Prejudice, I’ve modified the photo to make the schedule
Which Jane Austen Character Are You?
You are Eliza Bennett from Pride and Prejudice! Yay, you! Perhaps the brightest and best character in all of English literature, you are intelligent, lively, lovely-- in short, you are the best of company. Your only foibles are that you stick with your first impressions... and your family is quite intolerable.
Quiz link here
- Austen Blog
- “Austentacious” Ravelry group. This is a knit-and-read-along I just discovered via Meg’s Garden blog
- Hyper-concordances of all Jane Austen's novels
- Jane Austen Centre with all sorts of information
- Jane Austen Font
- Jane Austen’s House Museum
- Jane Austen Society with links to Buenos Aires, Melbourne, North America, and UK society members
- Jane Austen Paper Doll
- Molland's free e-cards, online texts of Jane Austen's novels, and other books and articles about Jane Austen and her work
- My post from last September about spending a “Jane Austen” afternoon includes a tea recipe
- PBS Masterpiece: The Complete Jane Austen (they also offer a free bookmark you can print)
- The quilt Jane Austen made