Thursday, January 17, 2008

Exploring the U.S. Patent Office

Long before I knew what a blog was, I constantly visited a craft site called Meggicat. In August of 2006 she suddenly quit writing new entries but I kept her site bookmarked and kept referring back to it now and then. I actually thought it was a regular web site but now I know what a blog is.

I’m happy to say that the Meggicat blog is back in action. Go over there and explore but you cannot get through all her fantastic posts in one day as she’s excellent at sharing links and ideas. Your inspiration mojo will be kicking in big time!

One of her site’s features is that she shares ideas found via expired patents from the U.S. Patent Office. I decided to try this myself. Here are a few things I found by just doing some random searching on Google Patent
as Meggicat suggests. Right-click to enlarge and print.

Search term: Doll Pattern






Search term: Embroidery Design


Can't you just imagine the possibilities in this? Jump on over to Meggicat’s blog and play for awhile.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. Thanks for leading me to more time on the Internet!!! That is so cool. I must admit that the Raggedy Ann-type doll is a little spooky. Thanks for sharing a new blog for me to read and the neatest search.

Yummers! said...

Thanks for sharing the new site. I will hop on over and take a look. Blogland is amazing! However, I am spending too much time hopping from blog to blog. But I get so inspired and learn so much. I'm seriously pondering the idea of turning off my computer for a month and spending more time actually creating.
This should have gone to your email... sorry.
Joni

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thanks June! I use to look at MeggiCat's web site all the time too, and was sad when she closed it for awhile. I didn't know it was being updated again.

meggiecat said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'm so happy you had fun with the patents! I found that panel doll and have him in the lineup with a few others.
hugs

Lena said...

This looks like a very good link, June. Thank you for sharing it.