Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Simple Gifts to Stitch Pintucked Runner

The March project for Finny and Donk’s 2008 Sewing Adventure is the pintucked table runner from the Simple Gifts to Stitch book. This is our second project from this book and both have been quite easy to make.



This is my finished project. Instead of the called-for linen, I used leftover home decorator fabric from numerous projects to make my runner. I’ve finally exhausted this fabric from my stash.

The instructions have you making random pintucks but mine are spaced to appease my personal sense of balance. The middle section has two facing pintucks closer together than the rest of it.



The creamy-yellow backing is yet again another piece of leftover home decorator fabric and it, too, is now gone.

One thing I really appreciate about Kelli and Finny's sew-alongs is that we can and are encouraged to customize each project to suit ourselves. I like that a lot. So, instead of a table runner, I made it to go on top of my refrigerator to help keep it clean—much like the mats I made for the tops of my washer and dryer in January except this one isn’t patchwork.

12 comments:

Mom IsAmagpie said...

That is so pretty, I can only imagine how gorgeous it will look while in use. You should totally post a "Hey look at my fantastic table, with my fabulous runner, and scrumptious food" picture.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Very pretty! I love that fabric - it's so elegant.
It must be nice to do a "sew along" with other bloggers -- sort of a virtual sewing bee like in the olden days, only you can still stay in your PJ's while you sew!
:-)

Still cold and rainy here -- please send us some AZ sun and warmth!

Hugs, Pat

Unknown said...

That looks beautiful! I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with mine.. I definitely don't have a table for it yet!

Mymsie said...

Beautiful job! I'm sewing along too but haven't started my runner yet.

Rosemary said...

Very pretty Junie!!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Oh Junie, I love that fabric. The design looks beautiful too. May be a good book to invest in.....

Thimbleanna said...

Very nice June! Once again you've exceeded the requirement! ;-)

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Great project! I will have to give this a try.....perhaps I'll use several different materials.....I, too, am trying to use up my leftovers :-) Rosie

Unknown said...

Again! I great piece sewn by June! You are talented sweet lady!
Hugs,
Robyn

Kristie said...

Beautiful, June. As you probably can guess, I don't have anything on top of my fridge but dust and spare juice bottles. :)

Diana said...

I do love that fabric!! You are quite the seamstress!

FinnyKnits said...

So THAT'S what a pintuck is supposed to look like!

Such an excellent job - as always. I love that you reused your stash. We're going to get people through their piles of fabric one way or another.