Monday, June 23, 2008

Traveling Games

When we meet for family vacations like the one we’re embarking upon on Wednesday, each family group brings a game to play in case of rain or when we’re ready to slow down and relax. We play poker, board games, make up our own games, tell ghost stories, and do most anything that seems like fun.



This year I’m taking a set of dominoes which can easily be tucked into my carry-on bag. I found fabric at Jo-ann’s for the exterior and used flannel from my stash for the lining to make a simple drawstring bag to hold the dominoes.


11 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

That fabric was a fabulous find to create the vag for the dominoes
Alison

Alison Gibbs said...

Mmm.... make that Bag for the dominoes not vag!!LOL
Alison

dutchcomfort said...

Reminds me of wonderful family holidays from the past! Great fabric!

Darla said...

Great bag. When my family gets together we play marathons of pinochle. We do have a stash of board games at the cabin but pinochle rules.

Darla

Diana said...

Great idea even for home storage! I have several small type games in boxes that take up too much room. I will have to keep a look out for fabric that will work for mine.

Anonymous said...

Hi June - what a great idea to line your bag with flannel. Don't forget cribbage!

I bought a whole bunch of themed fabric to make bags with (including dominoes!) for our games as well as other storage ideas at: http://www.4my3boyz.com/

I hope you have a fabulous vacation.

Thimbleanna said...

You're so clever June. What a great fabric find for your special project!

Rosemary said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!
Have a good time.
Rosemry

Anonymous said...

I love board games etc and the kids love it when I play with them.
The fabric suits it so well. Great job.

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Fun times ahead! We used to put together huge intricate puzzles on family weeks at the beach. It was always traumatic to tear them apart when we were done.

:-) Rosie

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Perfect!! Have a fun time!
Smiles, Karen