This year’s slogan is "CO2, Kick the Habit! Towards a Low Carbon Economy." New Zealand was one of the first countries to pledge to achieve carbon neutrality. Their focus is forest management as a tool for reducing greenhouse gases.
A few ways we can all help:
- Adopt a ‘green’ way of life
- Art made of recycled materials
- Buy a fuel-efficient car
- Dedicate your blog to World Environment Day on June 5
- Plastic bags: avoid them!
- Rainwater harvesting
- Replace your light-bulbs with energy saving ones
- Use sustainable modes of transportation (walking, jogging, cycling, skating, carpool
More information is available here.
Thinking of the world reminds me of travel, something my husband and I love to do. I’ve made new passport sleeves for us using a tutorial from Bunnybum. The fabric is an old map of the world that looks like a blueprint.