Thursday, June 18, 2009

Laptop Sleeve

Standard-sized laptop covers do not fit my wide-screen Dell Inspiron. Naturally, the solution is to make one myself.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Yesterday I made the new cover using a
tutorial created by Elizabeth from Oh, Fransson! for Sew, Mama, Sew blog.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

The fabric used in the tutorial’s model (For Your Home designed by Vicki Payne) looked pretty great to me, so I ordered it in aqua from Sew, Mama, Sew.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

The tutorial is easy to follow and the resulting laptop sleeve is nice and cushiony. I love that it’s customized to perfectly fit my laptop. The tutorial provides a formula for measuring and fitting your laptop.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

This is gorgeous--that fabric is awesome. I have a bulky heavy duty cushioned sleeve for mine...which I handed down to Scott when I got a cute laptop case in pretty fabric. A girl has to have some style, right? :o)

Thimbleanna said...

Very chic Junie Moon!

shenry said...

Much better than my notebook sleeve. Mine is simple black and has no character. Were I to make my own, like you, I'd put some flava' into it.

Diane Schuller said...

THis is so classy!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The sleeve is very pretty and practical and perfect for a hard to fit size lap top!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That's beautiful!