One reason we decided I needed an electronic book reader is because my doctor discovered I’m allergic to molds found in paper and books. It’s such a ridiculous and weird allergy with which to suffer. However, it is what it is and we’re taking steps to ease my chronic discomfort.
See this cute Kindle 2 skin? Thanks to Evylynn's suggestion to get one for additional protection, I ordered this style called Forest from Decalgirl.
© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved. Book Friends
I cannot give up all paper, there’s toilet paper, our files, daily mail, and so on. However, my beloved library has to go. I’ve gathered ideas to consider for my impending big book cleanse:
- Donate to the local library for their fund raisers
- Donate to a school
- Give to friends
- Host a garage sale
- Sell online at such places as at Amazon.com
- Donate to nursing homes/hospital libraries
- Sell to a local used-book store
- Register the books at BookCrossing.com and leave them in public places for other people (an activity I’ve been doing for years as it’s fun)
The craft, sewing, and knitting books are a whole different thing. More pondering is required on the disposal of this collection, maybe scan targeted projects for archiving on my external hard drive and then purging the actual book.