Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saving Face

I am still without email access. My apologies if you’ve sent an email and are wondering why I’ve not responded. My blog posts are made via someone else’s computer. Getting my laptop repaired during Christmas season is proving problematic. I really miss reading everyone’s blogs.



Today’s countdown task is about recovering gracefully if you realize you’ve left someone off your Christmas card list and you know they’re not going to let you forget about it.

Better Homes and Gardens advises us not to stress about it, just send an e-card which will get to your recipient almost instantly. They suggest the free cards offered by web sites like Blue Mountain.



If you still plan to snail-mail your cards, you could consider adding a drop of any holiday blend essential oil like orange and cinnamon or an evergreen blend on the inside corner of each card as a special treat to diminish the sting of it being late. Source: Aroma Thyme.

Last week I attended a class in origami at Tucson Botanical Gardens to learn to make boxes from old greeting cards. As I’ve saved every Christmas card we’ve received since we got married, I had plenty from which to choose.


photo by Dub Scroggin

It’s fun to recycle materials in such a pretty and useful way.



Today is Solstice so I’m baking Yule Bread this morning for a picnic lunch at the park.


photo by Dub Scroggin

We’re using yesterday’s countdown task suggestion and walking to the park near us. It’s cold even here in Tucson so I’m packing thermal mugs of hot cocoa.


photo by June Scroggin

My husband wanted traditional Scottish Shortbread cookies. I made a batch using a cute Scottish terrier cookie cutter. I’m packing them for our picnic in the origami Christmas card boxes I made.


photo by Dub Scroggin

Tonight we light our Yule log. My dad made the reindeer planter on the left and the little reindeer on the right in the picture below.


photo by Dub Scroggin

Happy Solstice to you and your family!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Dear Junie Moon

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I really enjoy your blog and your outlook. All the best in 2008

Kristie said...

Good yule to you, June. Hope your computer is feeling better soon.

Alice Regan said...

What a delightful post! And, I know how frustrating being without one's computer can be. Mying had to go to the hospital a while back, but now it's been restored and is happy once again. Hopefully, yours will be back soon. Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday!

Yummers! said...

Merry Christmas to you and your husband. May you have a holiday filled with joy and peace and happiness... and a working computer!
Wisconsin hugs,
Joni