Monday, March 31, 2008

Relaxing

After a lot of time spent hunkering over my sewing machine on Saturday working on projects for the fast-approaching Special Olympics fund raiser, a nice soak in an herbal bath and a fun book were lovely and relaxing Sunday afternoon activities.



Since tossing herbs merrily about in your tub creates a clogged drain and difficulty cleaning the tub later, I made two herbal bath preparations. One is a simple little muslin bag filled with herbs and the other was made by tucking the herbs into a sealable tea bag (just lightly iron one side). I’ll save the tea bag version for another time.

Here’s the recipe I used. Pure bliss!



My preference in terms of books made into movies is to read the book first before seeing the movie adaptation.



Since the movie is out now, I had a delightful couple of hours reading
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (Persephone Classics).



Have you read the book and/or seen the movie? I’m curious about the latter.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

They made a film!??

That is one of my favourite books.. a friend leant it to me and said wait and till you had a bad day and read it - It's such a feel good story!

Wow!

This is some year for making films out of my favourite books - the Other Boleyn Girl, and the Friday night knitting club - also great books turned film this year!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I am the same way with book movies. I HAVE to read the book first! It's a rule :-) Rosie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I have not read this book nor seen the film, but now I'm curious to do both. Thanks June! ;-)

Kristie said...

The movie was a delight. Even Scott liked it--and you know how grumpy he is! :)

Yummers! said...

I just ordered the book from Amazon as our B&N didn't have it in the store. Grrrrrrrr. Did you enjoy it??

I love the thought of soaking in the tub but our tubs are too shallow to sink down up to my neck.
But thanks for the recipe... I'll tuck it away under 'gift ideas'.

I hope you are all healed and ribs mended.
Hugs,
Joni

Kristi said...

I think it is true that the book is always better than the movie. I thought most recently was the case with "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillipa Gregory (it wasn't a bad movie, just not as good as the book). Now I'm reading "The Kite Runner" which has also been made into a movie. I know exactly what you mean about reading the book first!

Where do you get your ingredients for your bath mix? Do you know if it is safe, I often get sensitive infections when I use commercial bath products.

African Kelli said...

Fun! I haven't read the book, but I have been hearing great things about the movie.

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

Yes, I've read the book and adored it - one of my very favourites! But goodness, I'd no idea that they'd made it into a film...I'm not sure I like that idea.

I completely agree about reading the book first - it is so much nicer to conjur up your own images about what the characters might look like...but then that can lead to the subsequent disappointment of feeling that the characters have been mis-cast when watching the film!

Your bathtime sounds quite dreamy! x

Unknown said...

Oh how lovely that does sound June! I am glad you enjoyed your afternoon!
Hugs,
Robyn

kari and kijsa said...

That movie looks very interesting...we saw the previews!

Thanks for the post!

Have a blessed day...

smiles, kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

LOL I think we are on a coincidence roll here LOL. I also like to read the book before seeing the movie. Right now I'm reading The Other Boleyn Girl in preparation of seeing the movie sometime soon.

Hugs!!