Thursday, September 4, 2008

“V” for Victory

This is my second post today as I didn’t want to interrupt my series of one-yard fabric adventures.



I’ve knitted a scarf to donate to The National World War II
Museum for its Knit Your Bit campaign. They distribute scarves to individual veterans through V.A. hospitals and other veteran’s organizations.



I used the 2007 “V for Victory” scarf pattern available free at their web site. They have other free patterns, but I like this one. My offering was dropped off at the post office on my way to paint at the botanical gardens this morning.


5 comments:

Diana said...

What a great idea to participate in. I'll look into that! I like the 'V' for Victory scarf too!

Lena said...

This is a beautiful project June. Your kindness and attention to good causes is an inspiration to me.

xoxo

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Is that the museum in New Orleans?

I'm so glad that city survived this hurricane, and I hope no more coem their way.

Beautiful scarf that will be enjoyed by a worthy vet!

Hugs, Pat

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Beautiful and I like your tutorials posts too! Blessings, katie

Allenia Marie said...

Hi there I am a novice knitter and am always looking for some great projects. I haven't advanced myself into making or designing my own patterns yet... I do love this pattern -my dad, uncles and some cousins are Vets and would love to honor them. Is there a pattern avaliable for this scarf?

Blessings from a Louisiana Girl living in England.