Thursday, November 19, 2009

Coupon Organizer

Rolls and rolls of cookie dough were made at my house yesterday and carefully wrapped before tucking in the fridge for chilling—ready for baking Christmas cookies. After cleaning up the big mess I made all over the kitchen, I finally sat down long enough to finish the binding on my sewing project.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

I’ve been testing a new Coupon Organizer pattern created by Ginny of iSew blog, taking my time with each of the steps so I could provide reasonable feedback.

As I worked on the binding today, it dawned on me I was using almost the same fabric colors I chose the last time I tested a pattern for her (the Diana Bag, see my post here). It’s weird how that happened.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

There are eight super roomy sections with dividers tabbed with whatever category you choose. Since my end result is going to be a gift, I chose categories fitting to my recipient. The tabs are printed on iron-on fabric using the mirror imaging feature on my printer settings.

The organizer has a magnetic snap closure, but I added the button detail on the front just for fun. I love the way the accordion-style sections expand or compress as needed.

I like working with Ginny’s patterns; she pays careful attention to every detail. You can find her patterns here as well as already-sewn items in case you don’t sew.

8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, that looks like a fun project Junie Moon! As always, you are VERY organized -- gifts and cookies all on the go!

Gloria J W said...

Good heavens Junie Moon.... 12 dosen cookies ...all the dough ready to go.... and sewing as well!! You are a clever orgaanized girl!! I gaze upon you in wonder! Rainbow smiles.... Gloria

Anonymous said...

Junie Moon~ I absolutely love the material you used for your coupon organizer! The organizer is definately on my 'wish list'. Miss you, hope you and Dub have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Kate
(Moon&Stargazer)

FinnyKnits said...

That is a fancy ass coupon wallet, my friend. My mom would LOVE it. I shall have to add it to my list of projects to make, even though that list has hit the floor by now.

Bridgett said...

That looks quite good, Junie! What a wonderful little gift.

And you totally have me craving cookies now. :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Lovely! I'm catching up with you today as I'm home resting a fractured foot...boo hoo.Bad time of the year to have to be off my feet.

I always use coupons! I wish Costco would take them. Yesterday my husband shopped for me and save $20 at the grocery store using coupons for the things we needed for our Thanksgiving Day feast! I have a cardboard coupon organizer like this but I think a cloth one would be so much nicer..I'm going over to look at what Ginny has for sale :-)

shenry said...

awesome. as an avid coupon clipper, I own a lame cardboard organizer that folds out like a flimsy accordian. I like yours better. I aslo like the fact that you customized the tabs. nice.

Gumbo Lily said...

What a beautiful wallet with all those pocketses (Golum) to put things in. I'm not a coupon-er, but I like this organizer!

Jody