Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baked Potato Bag

How do you bake your potatoes? I prefer mine baked in the oven, but sometimes it’s convenient to get them done quickly via my microwave oven.

CraftSanity on TV offers a tutorial for making a potato bag for using in the microwave. Since I’m in the midst of making some items to use in a couple of kitchen gift baskets, I thought this would be a fun and definitely different addition. This project was also featured on the One Pretty Thing blog which is where I learned about it.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Don’t you just love this Alexander Henry fabric I found at Jo-Ann’s—hummingbirds and flowers, what could be better? The bag is interfaced with cotton batting and the lining is simply muslin.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

I made two bags using this fabric—one is for me and the other is for a hostess gift with which I’ll give this bag use instructions card I made. Two other potato bags were made in different fabrics for use in my kitchen gift baskets which I’ll share soon.

9 comments:

Diane said...

Yes, I love that fabric!

To answer your question, the only way I bake my spuds are in the oven; oops, no ... in summer, I often bake them on the BBQ grill. I never cook veggies in the microwave anymore.

You know what I'd love to use that fabric for? Most people would likely think of a cushion but I'd like to go with a bold statement: an ottoman or even a statement chair! No kidding :)

Melanie's Randomness said...

What a great idea. I'm always a lil skeptical putting things in the microwave but i would definitely feel more comfortable if my potatoes were covered.

Thimbleanna said...

Boy, I didn't know JoAnn's had AH fabric -- very interesting! Love your stylin' potato bags. I've seen those bags before and always wondered if I'd like them.

I have a timer on my oven, so I set everything up in the morning before I go to work and when I return home, the potatoes are ready and waiting - Yay!

Lorrie said...

Gorgeous fabric, indeed! I don't like cooking anything in the microwave so I'd use the fabric for some great napkins. Wouldn't they brighten up a table?

I'm interested to see what all you will include in your kitchen gift baskets - you always have such great ideas!

Bridgett said...

The fabric is beautiful...and what a nifty little idea!

Kristie said...

I love the Herb on the fabric!! Must get me some!

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I didn't know you could bake a potato in a bag in the microwave. We don't do baked potatoes very often, usually it's just a summer grill food. That is such a cool idea, and I know a few people who might use that.
I learned something new today, thank you!

Jane said...

I am going to try this project. It certainly couldn't be any easier and is a nice little extra for kitchen gift baskets.

Anonymous said...

hermes outlet
Travis Scott Air Jordan
supreme official
yeezy shoes
supreme outlet
curry 8
bape
adidas yeezy
kyrie irving shoes
supreme clothing