Monday, January 11, 2010

Oven Hand Mitts and a Recipe

My Creative Every Day 2010 project for Saturday was sewing oven hand mitts—always useful in the kitchen.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

I used an easy tutorial created by Amy of The Idea Room blog to make starfish oven hand mitts. I paid careful attention to Amy’s edited note about doubling up on the Insul-Bright to ensure protection from the heat.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

My friend Paula, a Creative Memories consultant, hosts a monthly scrapbook crop day at her house and feeds us a delicious lunch. Yesterday’s crop was another example of her gracious hospitality.

I took along my new oven hand mitts to show her and we gave them a test run when Paula took her entrée out of the oven. The mitts worked great.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Paula kindly said I could share the recipe she used.


Click on picture to enlarge for printing.

9 comments:

Mother Moon said...

I absolutely love pizza stones to cook on and now you have given me some new ideas to use the for... thanks... the taco ring looks really yummy.. can not believe I never thought of that.... yum

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Junie! And did you friend try to steal those mitts from you? They look very happy in her hands. The recipe looks wonderful -- thanks for sharing with us!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The oven mitts are really nice as they are not too big to stash in a drawer as I like to do when they are not in use.

Yummy taco ring! It looks like a very flavorful lunch entree. Thanks Paula and June for sharing the recipe!

FinnyKnits said...

I think we know that *I* should make some of these so I stop trying to burn my paws off.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great Oven Mitts.... Might be my next project and your pizzas look delicious....

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Thanks for the link! Your oven mitts are adorable. I love the material. Thanks for the recipe. I love Friday nights...for us it usually means pizza night. Now I have a new recipe to try.

African Kelli said...

Those mitts are so pretty! Love the fabric you selected

Bridgett said...

When I first saw the ring...I thought it was some sort of apple pie ring.

But a taco ring is just as good. :)

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

We LOVE that recipe - it's one of my favorite go-to recipes.

Tanya :)