Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Notice the Purple

Some friends were admiring my Japanese Knot Bags collection and asked me to help them make some. I have a lot of these bags in my collection as they are quick to make, travel super easily, and are reversible. I’ve been using Helen’s tutorial at Show Your Workings.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Last Tuesday we got together and made our bags following Helen’s tutorial. Sue’s bag (on left) is black/white/red; Dee’s (center) is chocolate and pink, and Paula opted for brilliantly-colored flowers.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

As for me, I chose this floral fabric and lined it with a solid light purple. Our color choices certainly made for interesting combinations.


Source: Coldwater Creek

I want to use the little bag with my purple-and-white, fine-stripe linen tunic recently purchased at Coldwater Creek. Some white Capri leggings and a pair of sandals found at Famous Footwear (below) makes for an easy outfit. It’s kind of fun to mix up the prints a bit.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Introducing purple in my wardrobe is rather new to me—not that I plan to go crazy with that color, but it does look quite like springtime and brightens my face, a good thing for someone my age.

I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it. ~ Alice Walker

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What pretty fabric you've chosen for your Japanese Knot Bag. I'm sure it'll be a great accessory for that lovely linen shirt and fancy sandles.

I love purple and Lilac colours (and of course, Violet - hee hee).

Jill x

Thimbleanna said...

Very nice June! I love that new shirt too -- I've been debating whether to get it myself!

LittleGemsbyKari said...

VERY nice!

Lorrie said...

love the bags - and the shirt you've chosen. Your outfit will be fresh and lovely!

Yummers! said...

My gardner is putting in lots of lavender this year. My ode to purple!

That is so sweet of you to teach others how to make the cute bags! You are such a kind person!! And patient!!

Love your sandals! They are indeed Yummers!!

Jessica said...

Such pretty purples - I love your bag and think it'll really go well with your beautiful sandles... I wish I had matching shoes and sandles!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Darling! You are such a stylist! For anyone wanting a cutesier version of a bag for a young girl etc. I have a tutorial with a circular bottom in an additional print with a yoyo button trim ;) Japanese Knot Bag Tutorial

Gumbo Lily said...

I still haven't made that Japanese Knot bag (I want to). Love your new purple haze!

Jody

Nishant said...

That is so sweet of you to teach others
post free classifieds