Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Big Herringbone Cowl

It’s freezing here in Florida—as most everyone in the country is experiencing this week. The golf club cancelled our golf league play today, so I’ll do some errands instead. Compared to a lot of the country, I am indeed grateful our temperatures aren’t worse, but we live in Florida and this feels alien to our flip-flop wearing life.


While I knit and knit, along with my knitting friends here, we rarely get to actually utilize a lot of the winter wear we diligently make. I’m breaking out my knitted projects to wear while I run my few errands this bitterly cold morning.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved
I finally get to wear the Purl Soho’s Big Herringbone Cowl I knit.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved
Size US 17 circular needles and 3 skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca Worsted Cotton purchased at Unwind the Yarn Shop here in Fort Walton Beach were all I needed for this project.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved
The finished cowl feels like a special hug around my neck.

Resources

  • Purl Bee scarf blog post
  • Ravelry pattern 
  • Unwind the Yarn Shop website
  • YouTube video of this project pattern here


No comments: