Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Camera Strap Sleeve

Last year, I made another new camera strap sleeve. One of the things I like about sewing these sleeves is that they are removable for washing. This is important to me because sweaty camera straps are just plain nasty which is why I make the sleeves in the first place. While we’ve been having some cold days here in Florida, sweat is not so much the issue right now as is constant wear and tear on the strap.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved
The strap cover is simply a tube of fabric I sewed and placed over the original stretchy camera strap. I'm preserving the orgininal strap as it does not strain my neck--my Nikon is quite heavy. There was enough of this fabric in my stash to make two new straps over the last couple of years, but now the second one is looking the worse for wear.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved
I guess a new one should go on my “to-do” list. Actually, I really ought to just go ahead and make a small “wardrobe” of straps—would save time later and be fun to make seasonal or even holiday versions. BUT, there are other projects on my list, so maybe I won’t worry about it right now.

No comments: