Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Twelve Months of Hand-knit Socks in 2014

Despite living on the Gulf, winter this year descended upon us with rude arctic blasts that leave me and everyone else shivering. Socks are something I’ve had to add to my wardrobe, replacing the ubiquitous flip-flops worn here on Emerald Coast.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved
Flush with the success of finally conquering sock knitting last year without wonky toes or heels in the wrong place and other assorted mis-knits, I’ve decided to knit one pair of socks each month in 2014 and have already stashed a year’s worth of sock yarn to help me achieve my goal.


Source: Amazon.com
January 2014’s socks were made using a simple pattern found in Getting Started Knitting Socks (Getting Started series)February’s socks are already on the needles. Preparing for the possible return of such winter misbehavior next year by knitting socks seems like a good plan to me. 

No comments: