Thursday, July 14, 2016

A Bit of June in July

A little cross stitch kit was unearthed from my stash to entertain me last week—something I meant to do for the month of June a few years back but actually managed to do this July.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

The Lizzie Kate project is called “A Bit of June”. Intended as a month-themed piece, I am laying claim to it for my name.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Embroidery floss organized, I happily stitched away a few relaxing hours.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

The kit includes 28-count light-mocha Cashel linen, floss by Gentle Art Sampler Threads & Weeks Dye Works, three teeny-weeny red buttons for the sailboat, and the sea-inspired wood frame from East Side Mouldings.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

My completed project is ready for hanging as a semi-nameplate in my craft room. It’s mounted on foam-board within the wood frame. It may be July, but it’s “A Bit of June” every month of the year for me.

Resources:



No comments: