We have two real seasons in Tucson and one rather non-committal season: Spring, Summer, and the rest is “What the heck is going on with the weather?” As such, our wardrobes are a tad schizophrenic.
The Button Scarf project as directed by the Finny and Donk’s Sewing Adventure project involved faux fur. I just cannot get my head around the idea of faux fur so I opted to use something else.
I also decided the scarf must fit into my wardrobe. There’s more color in my closet than represented in these photos, but I have a black linen dress, a jacket, and other items with which I can wear the scarf in fun ways.
Although I did use the pattern instructions from Simple Gifts to Stitch: 30 Elegant and Easy Projects, I varied from the original instructions as follows:
- I extended the length of the scarf by 6-inches.
- Linen was my fabric of choice.
- I’ve made the scarf reversible.
- I used a leather button on one side and a reproduction vintage button on the reverse side.
- My fabric choice allows the scarf to be folded along one edge to give it two additional look variations.