One of my many childhood dreams involved my singing brilliantly with a group of talented musicians. When visiting my grandparents on their farm in North Carolina, I used to stand under their apple tree and sing my little heart out. I concede my exuberant singing was probably not a good thing for the tree as those were the sourest apples ever.
Thanks to Kristie and Shenry, a super fun meme gives me my dream, albeit in a ‘roundabout way which doesn’t involve actual sharing of non-singing skills but allows the illusion I’ve done so.
Photo Source: Wink, who states, “All my public photos are free for personal use. Creative Commons license.” My husband cropped the photo to emulate a real CD cover and I added the text.
My very own musical group has produced its first album— It Doesn't Block Traffic by The Valiant Little Tailor. I’m so proud. Isn’t it lovely to be certifiable? One may easily imagine a world all one’s very own.
Want an album of your very own? Here’s how:
- Go to “Wikipedia.” Hit “random” or click here. The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
- Go to “Random quotations” or click here. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
- Go to Flickr and click on “explore the last seven days” or click here. Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
- Use Photoshop, the gimp or similar to put it all together.
- Post it to your blog with this text in the “caption” and TAG the friends you want to join in. (Junie Moon Note: I won’t be tagging anyone as most everyone knows my feelings about tagging.)