Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spooktacular Magnets

Magnets are always fun to make any time of year. I’ve made a couple for Halloween.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

The magnets were made using the free project download found here offered by Kreinik.


© Dub Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Kreinik’s glow-in-the dark embroidery floss makes these magnets a bit extra special at night when you turn out the lights. We took them outside last night to try to capture their glow. How fun to walk in the kitchen at night to get a drink and be greeted by Frankenstein or a witch glowing on the fridge.


TIP


Source: Amazon.com

It occurred to me you can also make magnets for other holidays or themes by emulating the process in Kreinik’s Spooktacular Magnets project and using small cross-stitch patterns found in such books as this one I have in my collection: Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs: The Essential Reference Book (Better Homes & Gardens Crafts)

7 comments:

greetingarts said...

So cute, I bet they're even more amazing when they're glowing. I've got glow-in-the-dark ghost pillowcases - kind of gives me a shock in the middle of the night, but fun!

Thimbleanna said...

Very fun June! I love the monster. Will we be seeign more magnets in your future?

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

So cute June! I never heard of glow in the dark embroidery floss. Now you don't need a night light to show you the way ...lol

Kim Campbell said...

Too cute! I love the "hair". i see my daughter is following you!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Too cute! I have some glow in the dark rickrack and put it on one of my reusable shopping bags. Adds a special extra to the idea of a midnight madness sale ;)

Dena Lenham said...

Love them! Please share them on the Kreinik Facebook page - you did a great job!

Bridgett said...

My grandma used to make these all the time. I love them...

I particularly like the witch. :)

)O(
boo